Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quadrupeds

In my house, there are three cats who definitely help the knitting process. In fact, I don't think Knit Fix would have come about without the help of cats playing with a ball of yarn, dashing upstairs with it and ripping the knitting off my needles as they dashed. I'm laughing while figuring out how to fix the mess. It happened again last night when Oz was having way too much fun with a ball of Bonsai while I was working on a gift sweater. It's back on the needles now:

What's this, you're asking. Dog sweater? No, that comes later. Wait for it...
Stitch Diva Studio's Sahara sweater -- that's the pattern in the photo -- starts with a provisional cast-on, knits up to the shoulders (coilless orange pins) then down the front. After I try this on Rachel next week (wait for it...) for fit, then the two fronts combine and eventually the whole shebang is knit in the round. This is Berroco's Bonsai, which I'm in love with. It's rather like knitting with silk brocade. The photo here doesn't do it justice. I'm hoping that there will be enough yarn left over from Sahara to make a little something for moi. Maybe combined with another Bonsai color.

Now, as to why today's post is titled "Quadrupeds." My sister-in-law sent me two photos of the cats who operate her house. One actually has to do with knitting:

The caption: "Hey, there's a mistake in row 132."
Everyone's a critic.
But here's the photo that cracked me up:

"I'll have whiskey, straight up. Give the kid some milk."

All right, more knitting later. I have hopes to get my hands on some Berroco Seduce today to play with, if the nice UPS man comes through at String Theory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are two of the cutest cats in the whole world!!!!